Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Shadows and Lippies and Blushes, Oh My!

Mini Make-up Haul!! 
Heyyyyy! 
Who doesn't love make up?! Pretty much EVERYONE! Hello! And those who "don't", don't try to say you're all natural because even you love a fabulous lippie! 
So, as if it wasn't obvious enough, I avoid parabens like the plague! They're pretty much hidden in every beauty product on the market. From Shampoo, to deodorant, to lotion and of course make up. Luckily, people are starting to become aware and conscious about what they are putting on and in their bodies. Resulting in more companies going back to nature (where we should've all been in the dang first place). Anyway, I have tried MANY natural lines of make up and well lets be honest. Majority of them are pretty much terrible. The pigments are always off and don't stay on, foundations are ashy. The list goes on really. 
Tarte is one of my favorite brands. Although its not perfectly "safe" to use, it is definitely better than slathering on some of the big name make up brands full of chemicals. 
Tarte is affordable and fun with a variety of great things to choose from. 
Last week I got all of these beauties and here's my review thus far.  

The Pure Maracuja Oil is nothing less than a miracle! I don't know where they found this stuff but seriously its the business! Leaves my skin so silky smooth. Along with the eye treatment. So amazing. Leaves my under eyes feeling super refreshed. 
The foundation is the best natural foundation I have found thus far. Goes on super smooth and blends really well. I'm not 100% sold on it, but for now it definitely does the job. 
The FLASHES lashes mascara is AHHHMAZING! Oh Emm Gee! Seriously, put a reminder in your phone to go buy this little bad mamma jamma! You'll thank me later when your lash milkshake is bringin all the boys to the yard. 
Now, let's just talk about these lippies. GREAT pigments, but honestly not a big fan. They are all peppermint flavored and incredibly sticky. In a pinch I will use them but they're not my #1 go to. 
The blush goes on wonderfully, however 2 hours of wearing and its almost completely gone. I'm not big on packing on multiple layers of foundation, powder, and a "setter" however if you are, more power to ya sista! It will probably make the blush stay on longer.
Lastly, the eye shadows. I'm pretty impressed with all the colors. With a primer they go on great. Without primer though, you have to layer the colors on for them to show up. Like the blush, 2 hours in and the colors fade. So highly recommend a primer.  

There are a few other natural lines I have come across and will be reviewing them soon. Until then my lovelies! Go out and make yourselves fabulous! 
xo 

2 comments: