Thursday, June 19, 2014

Baby Yums

Ok, I decided to make this post, because like myself, there are so many mommies out there just tryin to get the low down, or is it down low? Meh... The diggity on whats best for our children. There are so many things advertised as organic and healthy but once you turn over that package and read the ingredients you quickly realize, what the eff is this stuff?! 
I recently had this problem with teething biscuits and snacks. I was at Wholepaycheck (Wholefoods) in the baby isle for a good 20 minutes. Gutting the ingredient lists from every infant teether and snack. I left a very VERY disappointed mama! 
Everything!! Had "organic dried can syrup" or "organic sugar"! Here they go, slappin organic on there. Makin' themselves look like they know whats good. 
Heres the deal ladies and gents... 
Sugar in any form is pretty much one of the worst things on the planet. 
Why you ask? How can it really be THAT bad?! 
Lemme break it down for you. 
Sugar... 
Promotes inflammation in the body
Leads to insulin resistance
Leads to weight gain 
Contributed to non-alcoholic fatty liver disease 
Is a fertilizer for cancer cells 
Suppresses the immune system immediately after consuming 
Has cocaine like effects on the brain 

Now, this is just a VERY small list of the many reasons why in no way should we be feeding our princes and princesses this crap! 
Organic or not, in any form, sugar is not good for you. 

With all of that said here are a few bomb.com options I found for Evonae. 

I will also show a few examples of products that seem ok but really, they're not. 


Plum Organics is one of most popular ones that has in my opinion a sad story for list of ingredients. 
Not only do these things contain sugar they are packed full of artificial vitamins. They have processed these snacks so much that they no longer contain their natural vitamins and have to have them re-added at the end of processing. I don't know bout y'all but I would much rather my child have just good 'ole natural vitamins from the source. 

What I have found instead are organic freeze dried fruits. They are packed full of nutrients and they are super soft and most of the time dissolve in your mouth. Perfect for little ones with, like with all things, supervision of course ;) 


                                                                   Yes                                                                       No 



Oh Baby Mum-Mums. Even the original, non flavored biscuits are tainted! Seriously what is the purpose of this?! 
Little Yums... also, are fruit flavored and still gotta throw some sugar in the mix! Whyyyyyyyy??? 
Most chances are, if its for a baby, it has sugar in it. Shoot, who am I kidding if its for anyone it has sugar in it. Its seriously so sad. Lay off the addiction A'meeeerica 

I have found a few good teethers though that are sugar free and have very simple yummy ingredients 
Earths Best makes a maple flavored biscuit. Although it smells good, Evonae isn't a fan. Honestly I'm not either. They break apart in very large pieces and are super hard. With her not yet having any teeth, this is too scary for me. 
If your little one has some teeth, this is a good option. 
My most recent and favorite find, is Cocomo Joes Baby Bar. Very simple pure organic ingredients and are so delicious! They have a firm texture so perfect for little gums but also easily break into small pieces. They are mostly made of coconut so if your little one doesn't like coconut I wouldn't recommend this one. 


                                                              Yes                                                                                        No 





Those two are sadly the only options I have found thus far. I know we could be new age Betty Crockers and make our own but honestly "I ain't got time for that!" Lol seriously I am the worst "housewife" ever! I would rather be exploring the world and creating with my daughter than cooking and cleaning lol I obvi do it, but not a fan that's for sure. 

This is all I have for you all for now. As time progresses and Evonae grows I will post the best things I come across and of course things to avoid. 
Thank you all for reading <3 

Have a fabulous rest of your week! 
XO 



No comments:

Post a Comment