Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Sippy Cups with a straw

So, Evonae has suddenly become too much of a big girl for a sippy cup. lol She wants nothing to do with them and is all about drinking from a straw. I went on a search at target for a sippy cup style but with a straw, but everything I was finding was plastic. Although they were BPA free, thats just one of the MANY harmful chemicals in plastic. So, I set out to find something glass. I looked on amazon and there were a few but all the bad reviews they had were pretty bad. I had accepted that Evonae wasn't going to have a sippy sup style with a straw. Bummer.. because all of her friends have them and she always reaches for them. 
Then 2 weeks ago I was in Wholefoods grocery shopping and I of course always look at the baby stuff.
Sitting there was this super cute straw sippy cup so I popped the box open to examine it lol Yes, I am THAT mother. I have to see the goods. 
To my surprise IT WAS GLASS!! on the inside and plastic on the outside to prevent breakage with a silicone straw! 
I was so excited!! AND the price tag said $7.99!!! Sweet Jesus a miracle! 
Excited me, hurries to the checkout. I was so excited I wasn't even done shopping lol 
We get to the register and for the like 8 things I had in my cart my total was $67!! HUH! Say what?! It didn't add up but there was a huge line so I paid and went to my car. I get to my car and see my receipt and that bad mamma jamma was $21.99!! Awe heck no!! I took my happy crack back in there and returned it!! Thats outrageous for a tiny cup!! "I will find it cheaper on Amazon", I thought to myself. 
HA! 
Yea it was $19 on amazon, plus shipping. 
So.... I took myself right back to stupid Wholefoods and bought the dang cup!! 
Evonae loves it though and so do I! Is it worth $22?!
That still a little hard to swallow for me Lol 
But its a dang good cup so I recommend it to all my fellow mamas that are as strict as I am about the best for our babes.
It comes in green and blue as well for all my pink haters out there. 


Have a fabulous rest of your week!
XO 

No comments:

Post a Comment